What is Yangjia Michuan Taijiquan?
YMT (Yangjia Michuan Taijiquan), translated as Yang Family Hidden Tradition Taijiquan, was created by Yang Luchan. Yang Luchan passed it on to his son Yang Jianhou. Yang Jianhou passed it on to Zhang Qinlin. Zhang Qinlin passed it on to Wang Yen-nien. Master Wang, in order to prevent the loss of this art, has passed it on to all who are interested in carrying on the Yangjia Michuan style.
- Submit a completed and signed application form.
- Pay the annual fee.
- Support the purpose and objectives of AYMTA
- Members need not be YMT practitioners.
- Members are welcome from all over the world.
How to become a member
How to become a member (PDF File)
Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader
The Objectives of AYMTA
- To promote and respect the quality and integrity of Yangjia Michuan Taijiquan as taught and transmitted by Wang Yen-nien.
- To conduct workshops and public demonstrations in YMT.
- To educate the public that the purpose of YMT is to promote health, prolong the life span, calm the mind and harmonize the spirit: to develop the art of self-defense, and to provide the entry level to the Great Dao.
- To provide YMT instructors for the public.
- To provide interested members with opportunities to develop the skills necessary to become YMT instructors.
- To provide assistance to member instructors in obtaining required documentation when requested.
- To help instructors improve their teaching and build consistency in teaching YMT.
- To publish a journal (twice a year) and newsletter for members.
Annual fee (January through December).
- Regular: $20.00 per year
- Family: $15.00 per year
- Student: $10.00 per year